U.S. wheat futures fall on technical setback
CHICAGO, Feb 6 (Reuters) -U.S. wheat futures fell on Monday, retreating from early strength on technical selling.
* The benchmark Chicago Board of Trade March soft red winter wheat futures contract WH3 dropped 6-1/2 cents to settle at $7.50-1/4 a bushel.
* Technical resistance for the CBOT March soft red winter wheat contract was noted at the high end of its 20-day Bollinger range. Support was noted at its 20-day moving average.
* CBOT March soft red winter wheat dropped below its 50-day, 30-day, 40-day, and 10-day moving averages during the session.
* K.C. hard red winter wheat futures for March delivery KWH3 were 3/4 cent lower at $8.72-1/4 a bushel and MGEX March spring wheat MWEH3 ended down 5-3/4 cents at $9.15-3/4 a bushel.
* The U.S. Agriculture Department on Monday morning reported weekly wheat export inspections of 536,355 tonnes, up from 445,727 tonnes the prior week. Analysts' forecasts for the weekly total ranged from 300,000 to 525,000 tonnes.
* South Korea's Major Feedmill Group bought about 65,000 tonnes of animal feed wheat in a private deal, with one consignment priced at an estimated $334.50 a tonne c&f plus a $1.50 a tonne surcharge for additional port unloading.
* Algerian state grains agency OAIC has issued two international tenders to buy soft milling wheat to be sourced from optional origins.
Reporting by Mark Weinraub; Editing by Leslie Adler
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.