XM does not provide services to residents of the United States of America.

Do I need to pay tax on US equity derivatives?

Yes, you may need to pay tax when trading US equity derivatives, following regulations issued by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Under section 871(m) of the US tax code, all non-US resident holders of US equity derivatives are required to be taxed on dividend income derived from trading said instruments.

Need help?

If you have a question that isn't covered in the Help Center, please contact us and one of our representatives will be happy to help you.

Risk Warning: Your capital is at risk. Leveraged products may not be suitable for everyone. Please consider our Risk Disclosure.