Gold near two-week low as dollar firms after Fed minutes

* SPDR Gold Trust Holdings fell 0.3% on Wednesday

* Dollar gains 0.2% against its rivals

* Gold stuck in a $1,750-$1,800/oz range - analyst

By Brijesh Patel

Aug 18 (Reuters) - Gold prices were near a two-week low on Thursday as the dollar gained after minutes from the Federal Reserve's July meeting suggested the central bank would keep raising rates to tame inflation.

Spot gold XAU= was flat at $1,761.69 per ounce, as of 0645 GMT, after falling to its lowest since Aug. 3 at $1,759.17 on Wednesday.

U.S. gold futures GCv1 edged 0.1% higher to $1,775.50 per ounce.

The dollar USD= rose 0.2% towards a three-week high hit earlier this week, making gold more expensive for buyers holding other currencies.

"Gold seems to be stuck in a range between $1,750-$1,800. The expectation of Fed rate hikes and inflation starting to cool off is weighing on gold prices," said Kunal Shah, head of research at Nirmal Bang Commodities.

"On the other hand, there are lot of uncertainties on the geopolitical front. So combination of these factors is not able to lead to any breakout in gold."

The minutes of Fed's July meeting showed that the central bank was contemplating paring back the pace of future rate hikes in line with a slowdown in inflation but saw "little evidence" yet that pressures were easing.

Traders are now pricing in around a 57.5% chance of a 50-basis-point rate hike by the Fed in September and a 42.5% chance of a 75-bp increase. FEDWATCH

Benchmark U.S. 10-year Treasury yields US10YT=RR hovered near one-month high.

Gold prices have fallen more than $300, or nearly 15%, since scaling above the key $2,000 per ounce mark in early March due to the Fed's rapid rate hikes to alleviate inflation pressures.

Indicative of sentiment, holdings of SPDR Gold Trust GLD , the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, fell 0.32% to 989.01 tonnes on Wednesday.

Elsewhere, spot silver XAG= fell 1.1% to $19.62 per ounce, platinum XPT= dipped 1% to $914.77 and palladium XPD= slipped 0.3% to $2,134.13.
Reporting by Brijesh Patel in Bengaluru; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu and Vinay Dwivedi

면책조항: XM Group 회사는 체결 전용 서비스와 온라인 거래 플랫폼에 대한 접근을 제공하여, 개인이 웹사이트에서 또는 웹사이트를 통해 이용 가능한 콘텐츠를 보거나 사용할 수 있도록 허용합니다. 이에 대해 변경하거나 확장할 의도는 없습니다. 이러한 접근 및 사용에는 다음 사항이 항상 적용됩니다: (i) 이용 약관, (ii) 위험 경고, (iii) 완전 면책조항. 따라서, 이러한 콘텐츠는 일반적인 정보에 불과합니다. 특히, 온라인 거래 플랫폼의 콘텐츠는 금융 시장에서의 거래에 대한 권유나 제안이 아닙니다. 금융 시장에서의 거래는 자본에 상당한 위험을 수반합니다.

온라인 거래 플랫폼에 공개된 모든 자료는 교육/정보 목적으로만 제공되며, 금융, 투자세 또는 거래 조언 및 권고, 거래 가격 기록, 금융 상품 또는 원치 않는 금융 프로모션의 거래 제안 또는 권유를 포함하지 않으며, 포함해서도 안됩니다.

이 웹사이트에 포함된 모든 의견, 뉴스, 리서치, 분석, 가격, 기타 정보 또는 제3자 사이트에 대한 링크와 같이 XM이 준비하는 콘텐츠 뿐만 아니라, 제3자 콘텐츠는 일반 시장 논평으로서 "현재" 기준으로 제공되며, 투자 조언으로 여겨지지 않습니다. 모든 콘텐츠가 투자 리서치로 해석되는 경우, 투자 리서치의 독립성을 촉진하기 위해 고안된 법적 요건에 따라 콘텐츠가 의도되지 않았으며, 준비되지 않았다는 점을 인지하고 동의해야 합니다. 따라서, 관련 법률 및 규정에 따른 마케팅 커뮤니케이션이라고 간주됩니다. 여기에서 접근할 수 있는 앞서 언급한 정보에 대한 비독립 투자 리서치 및 위험 경고 알림을 읽고, 이해하시기 바랍니다.

우리는 웹사이트에서 최고의 경험을 전해드리기 위해 쿠키를 사용하고 있습니다. 자세히 읽거나 쿠키 설정을 변경하세요.

리스크 경고: 고객님의 자본이 위험에 노출 될 수 있습니다. 레버리지 상품은 모든 분들에게 적합하지 않을수 있습니다. 당사의 리스크 공시를 참고하시기 바랍니다.