Morning News Call - India, September 28
To access a PDF version of this newsletter, please click here
If you would like to receive this newsletter via email, please register at: Link
INDIA TOP NEWS
• India's inclusion in key government bond index delayed to next year - sources
India's long wait to win inclusion in JPMorgan's influential emerging market debt index is set to be pushed out into next year due to a number of issues New Delhi needs to address, four sources familiar with the matter said.
• Adani Group to invest over $100 billion in next decade
India's Adani Group will invest more than $100 billion over the next decade, most of it in the energy transition business, its Chairman Gautam Adani said on Tuesday, as the ports-to-energy conglomerate accelerates an already aggressive expansion plan.
• RBI may need to tap old ways to boost forex reserves - economists
The Reserve Bank of India may have to resort to tried and tested measures to shore up its foreign exchange reserves, including encouraging non-resident Indians to deposit more funds, as it looks to stabilise a steadily declining rupee, economists said.
• Axis Bank looks to buy near 10% stake in Go Digit Life Insurance
Indian private lender Axis Bank said on Tuesday it has signed a non-binding term sheet to invest 499-699 million rupees for a 9.94% stake in Go Digit Life Insurance.
• Shadow lender Piramal sees no slowdown in credit growth
Demand for loans is not showing any signs of slowdown even among low-to-medium income customers despite rising interest rates and concerns of growth losing momentum, a top executive of shadow lender Piramal Capital and Housing Finance said on Tuesday.
• Blinken pledges action to address Indian concerns on U.S. visas
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday blamed the COVID-19 pandemic for a backlog of visa applications from Indian nationals and said the United States had a plan to address it.
• India agency raids Coda offices in money laundering probe involving Free Fire
India's financial crime fighting agency on Tuesday searched the premises of Coda Payments India as part of a money laundering probe into the fintech firm and Sea Ltd's Free Fire.
• Defence manufacturer Saab to set up new facility in India, make weapons system
Swedish defence products company Saab will set up a facility to manufacture its Carl-Gustaf M4 weapons system in India, a top executive said on Tuesday, as the company looks to ramp up production. Link
GLOBAL TOP NEWS
• Ukraine 'sham' referendum results point to Russia annexation
Russian-installed officials in four occupied regions of Ukraine reported huge majorities of votes in favour of joining Russia as the United States planned a U.N. resolution condemning the referendums as shams and Moscow remained defiant.
• BOJ board agreed on need for vigilance on sharp yen moves, easy policy to stay
Bank of Japan (BOJ) board members agreed the inflationary impact of the yen's recent sharp moves must be closely scrutinised, but policymakers reiterated their resolve to keep policy loose even as the currency's rapid fall has unsettled financial markets.
• U.S. VP Harris to push against China's Taiwan policy in Japan speech
U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris is expected to take aim at China's actions toward Taiwan during a speech on Wednesday to American sailors serving in Japan.
LOCAL MARKETS OUTLOOK
• SGX Nifty nearest-month futures were trading 1.02% lower at 16,864.
• Wall Street sank deeper into a bear market on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 recording its lowest close in almost two-years as Federal Reserve policymakers showed an appetite for more interest rate hikes, even at the risk of throwing the economy into a downturn.
• Asian share markets slid as surging borrowing costs fed fears of a global recession, spooking investors into the arms of the safe-haven dollar and driving the Chinese yuan to record lows.
• The pound languished near a record low on lingering concerns over Britain's radical tax cuts to spur growth, while the dollar edged up after Treasury yields surged overnight.
• Benchmark U.S. 10-year Treasury yields rose to their highest level in about 12-1/2 years on Tuesday as investors girded for higher interest rates that could possibly remain for longer than anticipated as Federal Reserve officials held firm in their hawkish stance.
• Oil prices were mixed as support from U.S. production cuts caused by Hurricane Ian contended with crude storage builds and a strong dollar.
• Gold prices slipped as the dollar resumed climb after Federal Reserve officials reiterated the U.S. central bank's resolution to maintain an aggressive policy stance to tackle soaring inflation.
FII INVESTMENTS EQUITIES
DEBT PNDF spot
81.53/81.55 Sept. 27
(4,651.95) crores 435.17 crores 10-yr bond yield 7.292%
(1,59,779) crores (6,981) crores
(FII investment numbers are in Indian rupees. Source: National Securities Depository Limited)
For additional data:
India govt bond market volumes
Stock market reports
Non-deliverable forwards data
Corporate debt stories
Local market closing/intraday levels [IN SNAPSHOT]
[INFLOWS RTRS TABLE IN]
($1 = 81.71 Indian rupees) (Compiled by Archak Sengupta)
면책조항: XM Group 회사는 체결 전용 서비스와 온라인 거래 플랫폼에 대한 접근을 제공하여, 개인이 웹사이트에서 또는 웹사이트를 통해 이용 가능한 콘텐츠를 보거나 사용할 수 있도록 허용합니다. 이에 대해 변경하거나 확장할 의도는 없습니다. 이러한 접근 및 사용에는 다음 사항이 항상 적용됩니다: (i) 이용 약관, (ii) 위험 경고, (iii) 완전 면책조항. 따라서, 이러한 콘텐츠는 일반적인 정보에 불과합니다. 특히, 온라인 거래 플랫폼의 콘텐츠는 금융 시장에서의 거래에 대한 권유나 제안이 아닙니다. 금융 시장에서의 거래는 자본에 상당한 위험을 수반합니다.
온라인 거래 플랫폼에 공개된 모든 자료는 교육/정보 목적으로만 제공되며, 금융, 투자세 또는 거래 조언 및 권고, 거래 가격 기록, 금융 상품 또는 원치 않는 금융 프로모션의 거래 제안 또는 권유를 포함하지 않으며, 포함해서도 안됩니다.
이 웹사이트에 포함된 모든 의견, 뉴스, 리서치, 분석, 가격, 기타 정보 또는 제3자 사이트에 대한 링크와 같이 XM이 준비하는 콘텐츠 뿐만 아니라, 제3자 콘텐츠는 일반 시장 논평으로서 "현재" 기준으로 제공되며, 투자 조언으로 여겨지지 않습니다. 모든 콘텐츠가 투자 리서치로 해석되는 경우, 투자 리서치의 독립성을 촉진하기 위해 고안된 법적 요건에 따라 콘텐츠가 의도되지 않았으며, 준비되지 않았다는 점을 인지하고 동의해야 합니다. 따라서, 관련 법률 및 규정에 따른 마케팅 커뮤니케이션이라고 간주됩니다. 여기에서 접근할 수 있는 앞서 언급한 정보에 대한 비독립 투자 리서치 및 위험 경고 알림을 읽고, 이해하시기 바랍니다.