British Business - June 22
June 22 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Ocado OCDO.L bosses on Wednesday pledged that its 578 million pound ($709.09 million) fundraising will be the last time it taps investors before turning cashflow positive in the next four to six years. Link
- Britain's payment systems regulator (PSR) on Tuesday said it will conduct two market reviews of card fees charged by Visa V.N and Mastercard MA.N , the U.S. companies that account for 99% of debit and credit card payments in the UK. Link
- Simon Arora, the outgoing chief executive of the discount retailer B&M BMEB.L earned 5 million pounds last year, a pay package that rose by more than a third to the highest level ever for the company. Link
- A subsidiary of the commodity trader Glencore GLEN.L on Tuesday pleaded guilty in a London court to seven counts of bribery related to its oil operations in several African countries. Link
- Marks & Spencer MKS.L on Tuesday sparked a public row with Michael Gove, accusing the Conservative cabinet minister of "political grandstanding" after he ordered a public inquiry into its plan to demolish and rebuild its flagship Oxford Street store in London. Link
- Senior executives from BT BT.L , Vodafone VOD.L , Virgin Media O2, Three, TalkTalk, Sky and others have been summoned to Downing Street to discuss the cost of living crisis after millions of households faced inflation-busting price increases for broadband services. Link
- VW VOWG_p.DE has picked Deutsche Bank DBKGn.DE alongside Morgan Stanley MS.N , BNP Paribas BNPP.PA and Unicredit CRDI.MI as joint bookrunner for $100 billion Porsche IPO slots. Link
- Communication Workers Union (CWU), a union representing 115,000 postal workers at Royal Mail RMG.L , is giving formal notice of a ballot that could lead to strikes in a bitter row over pay and jobs. Link
- Michael O'Leary the boss of the Ryanair RYA.I airline on Tuesday said Airport chaos which has seen constant flight delays and cancellations is "completely to do with Brexit." Link
($1 = 0.8151 pounds) (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.