CBOT soybeans firm on dryness in Argentina, U.S. stocks weigh
CHICAGO, Feb 8 (Reuters) -U.S. soybean futures firmed on Wednesday after trading mixed most of the day, as traders weighed the impact of drought conditions on Argentina's soybean crop against higher-than-expected U.S. stockpiles reported by the U.S. agriculture department in its monthly supply and demand assessment.
* Benchmark Chicago Board of Trade March soybean futures SH3 added 4-1/2 cents to end at $15.19-3/4 a bushel.
* CBOT March soyoil BOH3 eased 0.31 cent to 60.58 cents per lb.
* CBOT March soymeal SMH3 added $0.50 to $481.90 a ton.
* Argentina's Rosario Grains exchange cut its forecast for the country's 2022/23 soybean harvest to 34.5 million tonnes from a previous forecast of 37 million tonnes, it said on Wednesday, amid a historic drought.
* The U.S. Department of Agriculture also trimmed its outlook on Argentine soybean production to 41 million tonnes, down from 45.5 million tonnes in its January estimate.
* The USDA pegged U.S. ending soybean stocks at 225 million bushels in the 2022/2023 marketing year, up 15 million bushels from last month due to slower crushing pace.
* Brazil's soybean exports could reach between 7.6 million tonnes and 9.6 million tonnes in February, versus 9.113 million tonnes the same month in 2022, according to export group ANEC.
Reporting by Christopher Walljasper in Chicago
Editing by Matthew Lewis
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.