Forward rates rise on higher continental power prices
Feb 9 (Reuters) -Nordic forward power rates rose on Thursday, boosted by gains in neighbouring German power and wider European gas markets.
* The Nordic front-quarter baseload power contract ENOFBLQc1 rose 1.25 euros to 65.00 euros per megawatt hour (MWh) as of 1126 GMT.
* The Nordic front-year contract ENOFBLYc1 gained 0.75 euro to 63.25 euros/MWh.
* "German power and European gas prices were slightly higher from the start, this could be the reason for the bullish trend," said Sigve Ekeland, managing director at Cemon AS.
* German baseload for 2024 delivery TRDEBYc1, Europe's benchmark contract, rose 1.75 euros, or 1.07%, to 165.00 euros/MWh.
* British and Dutch wholesale gas prices rose slightly on Thursday morning due to an unplanned outage at a UK terminal, but gains were capped by a milder temperature outlook and stronger wind power generation that reduced gas consumption. NG/EU
* Nordic water reserves available 15 days ahead PCAEC00 were seen at 3.81 terawatt hours (TWh) below normal, compared with 5.07 TWh below normal on Wednesday.
* "The weekend and next week will be wet and windy in the west and north of Scandinavia, while the south will be partially dry with some sun," wrote Georg Muller, meteorologist at Refinitiv, in a daily forecast note.
* Carbon front-year allowances CFI2Zc1 firmed 2.46 euros at 92.74 euros a tonne.
Reporting by Ananya Bajpai in Bengaluru; Editing by Shilpi Majumdar
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.