Forward rates slide on lower German power prices
Nov 21 (Reuters) -Nordic forward power rates declined on Tuesday, despite a colder weather forecast in the region, as a falling German power market weighed on sentiment.
* The Nordic front-quarter baseload power contract ENOFBLQc1 was down 0.75 euros at 71.85 euros per megawatt hour (MWh), as of 1047 GMT.
* Nordic front-year prices ENOFBLYc1 lost 0.3 euros to 47.8 euros per MWh, having hit their highest in a month earlier in the day.
* "The falling German power market is the main driver today for the marginally falling Nordic market (Q1-24, Yr-24), however marginally less bullish weather might contribute a little bit as well," said Ole Tom Djupskaas, a power analyst at Refinitiv.
* "Weather is still bullish, I would say, however the hydro situation has marginally improved from yesterday morning," Djupskaas added.
* The Nordic water reserves available 15 days ahead PCAEC00 were seen at 4.27 terawatt hours (TWh) below normal, compared with 4.66 TWh below normal on Monday.
* Europe gas prices fell as healthy inventories and strong flows of liquified natural gas (LNG) outweighed colder weather forecasts.EL/DE
* "Temperatures will drop to 4-5 °C below normal on average, may reach even 6-8 °C below normal in the southern regions of Sweden and Finland during the weekend/early next week," LSEG meteorologist Marcin Gorski said in a daily forecast note.
* The German baseload for 2024 delivery TRDEBYc1, Europe's benchmark contract, fell 0.65 euros to 112.25 euros/MWh.
* Carbon front-year allowances CFI2Zc1 lost 0.95 euros to 75.65 euros a tonne.
Reporting by Hissay Ongmu Bhutia in Bengaluru; Editing by Sonia Cheema
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.