Soybeans rebound from 4-day low, all eyes on weather outlook
CANBERRA, Aug 2 (Reuters) - U.S. soybean futures edged higher on Monday, rebounding from a near one-week low touched in the previous session, aided by global supply concerns following recent adverse weather in a key growing region.
* The most active soybean futures on the Chicago Board Of Trade Sv1 were up 0.2% to $13.51-1/2 a bushel by 0110 GMT, after closing down 2.1% on Friday when prices hit a July 26 low of $13.43 a bushel.
* The most active corn futures Cv1 were up 0.2% to $5.64-1/4 a bushel, after ending down 2% in the previous session.
* The most active wheat futures Wv1 were up 0.8% $7.09 a bushel, after closed 0.2% lower on Friday.
* Rains forecasts across some parts of U.S. Midwest, which would aid some soybean and corn crops.
* Traders await direction from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's weekly crop condition ratings on Monday, and from private estimates of U.S. corn and soy yields ahead of the USDA's big Aug. 12 crop supply/demand report.
* An annual U.S. crop tour last week projected the average spring wheat yield in North Dakota, the top-producing state, at 29.1 bushels per acre, the lowest in tour records going back to 1993.
* The International Grains Council this week cut its 2021/22 world wheat crop outlook by one million tonnes to 788 million tonnes, with the diminished outlook for North America partially offset by improved prospects in the European Union.
* The dollar rose on Friday along with other safe haven currencies as stocks fell and upbeat U.S. economic data helped reverse some of the losses from earlier this week when dovish remarks by the Federal Reserve tanked a month-long rally in the greenback.
* Oil prices edged higher on Friday, with global benchmark Brent posting a fourth monthly gain, with demand growing faster than supply and vaccinations expected to alleviate the impact of a resurgence in COVID-19 infections across the world.
Reporting by Colin Packham; Editing by Rashmi Aich
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.