UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 20
April 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Wednesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.18%.
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto RIO.AX RIO.L reported lower-than-expected iron ore shipments in the first quarter and warned of risks from sustained high inflation, a resurgence of COVID-19 lockdowns in China and a prolonged Russia-Ukraine war.
* DELIVEROO: Two former managers of Deliveroo ROO.L were given suspended one-year prison sentences and fined 30,000 euros ($32,380) by a French court for abusing the freelance status of cycle riders working for the British takeaway delivery platform.
* SSE: British renewable power generator and network operator SSE SSE.L has agreed to buy a portfolio of onshore wind development projects from Siemens Gamesa SGREN.MC , the company said confirming a Reuters report.
* NLMK-LSE: Russian steel producer NLMK NLMK.MM said that it would submit a request to continue trading of its depositary receipts on the London Stock Exchange.
* METALS: London copper prices edged higher, buoyed by hopes of more stimulus from top metals consumer China, although a stronger dollar limited gains as it made greenback-denominated metals more expensive for buyers using other currencies.
* GOLD: Gold prices hit a more than one-week low, as a firmer U.S. dollar and Treasury yields continued to weigh on bullion demand.
* OIL: Oil prices rebounded from sharp losses in the previous session as concerns about tighter supplies from Russia and Libya dominated, while industry data showed a drop in U.S. crude inventories last week.
* FTSE 100: UK shares closed lower on Tuesday, weighed by concerns about a slowdown in global economic growth and a series of negative brokerage actions, while electrical engineering firm Spectris climbed after announcing a unit sale and share buyback.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q1 report CRH Plc
Trading update John Wood Group
FY result Bunzl
Q1 trading update Carr's Group
HY result Oxford BioMedica
FY result Hunting
Trading statement Petra Diamonds
Q3 trading update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.