UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 21
April 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.23%.
* BHP: BHP Group BHP.AX fell short of estimates for iron ore output for the March quarter, as a pandemic-related labour crunch weighed on the miner's efforts to boost production in the mineral-rich Pilbara region of Western Australia.
* UK CAR INSURANCE: The cost of a comprehensive car insurance policy in Britain touched an 18-month high in the first quarter and will continue to increase on the back of rising inflation and regulatory changes, a survey showed.
* METALS: Copper prices rebounded, bolstered by hopes of more stimulus in key metals consumer China to support its economy and lingering concerns about supply from top producers Peru and Chile.
* GOLD: Gold prices eased as a rebound in U.S. Treasury yields tempered bullion's safe-haven demand stemming from the Ukraine crisis and its potential impact on the global economy.
* OIL: Oil prices traded higher but in a narrow range, after being rocked earlier in the week by supply losses from Libya and a worrying outlook for demand as the International Monetary Fund cut its global growth forecasts.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 100 closed higher on Wednesday as gains in financial shares outweighed weakness in resource stocks, while miner Rio Tinto hit the bottom of the index on a downbeat earnings update.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q1 production report Anglo American
Q1 production report Relx
Trading update SEGRO
Q1 trading update Rentokil Initial
Q1 trading update Meggitt
Trading update Ibstock
AGM Trading statement AJ Bell
Q2 trading update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.