UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 21
April 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.29%.
* BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L has raised 526 million pounds ($687 million) by selling around 63 million shares in South Africa's Absa, it said.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Chilean miner Antofagasta's ANTO.L first-quarter copper production fell 24% year on year to 138,800 tonnes, hit by continued drought and lower grades, it said.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Global miner Anglo American's AAL.L first-quarter production fell 10% year on year, partly owing to operations running at reduced capacity because of higher rates of COVID-19 infections among workers, it said on Thursday.
* SEGRO: Segro Plc SGRO.L , SGRO.PA said the Russia-Ukraine crisis would increase pressure in its construction supply chain and costs as the warehousing specialist flagged rental levels to grow across the group's portfolio.
* RELX: European information provider Relx REL.L reiterated its full-year outlook on Thursday, saying it expected underlying growth rates in revenue and adjusted operating profit to remain above historical trends.
* MEGGITT: British aircraft parts maker Meggitt Plc MGGT.L said on Thursday its revenue for the first quarter rose, owing to some recovery in global travel and growth in its energy business, but the company warned of continued volatility in its supply chains.
* THG: British e-commerce company THG THG.L reported core earnings of 161 million pounds ($210 million) for 2021 on Thursday and forecast a broadly similar result this year, significantly lower than the market expects, largely due to inflationary pressure.
* BHP: BHP Group BHP.AX fell short of estimates for iron ore production for the March quarter, as a pandemic-related labour crunch weighed on the miner's efforts to boost production in the mineral-rich Pilbara region of Western Australia.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 100 closed higher on Wednesday as gains in financial shares outweighed weakness in resource stocks, while miner Rio Tinto hit the bottom of the index on a downbeat earnings update.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.