UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 29
April 29 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.79%.
* GLENCORE: About 24% of investors voted against Glencore's GLEN.L climate progress report at the miner and trader's annual general meeting, after some cited slow progress in scaling back coal production.
* UNILEVER: As a shortage of sunflower oil ripples through the global food industry, Unilever ULVR.L said that it has altered some of its recipes so it can substitute rapeseed oil instead, a move that could help it save money as input costs soar.
* AIB-NATWEST: Ireland's competition regulator on Thursday cleared Allied Irish Banks' (AIB) AIBG.I acquisition of 4.2 billion euros ($4.4 billion) worth of commercial loans from NatWest Group's NWG.L departing Ulster Bank unit.
* INTERROS-TCS HOLDINGS: Russia's Interros Holding, which manages the assets of billionaire Vladimir Potanin, said that it had acquired 35% of shares in TCS Group Holding.
* METALS: London aluminium prices were set for their biggest monthly percentage drop in more than a decade, as COVID-19 lockdowns in China and prospects of aggressive U.S. rate hikes fuelled worries over a global economic slowdown.
* GOLD: Gold rose as worrying U.S. economic data rekindled some interest in the safe-haven metal, but was likely to log its biggest monthly drop since September on bets for aggressive interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve.
* OIL: Oil prices were mixed as China's COVID-19 lockdowns weighed on the outlook for crude demand, although supply disruption fears as Western sanctions curb crude and products exports from Russia underpinned prices.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 100 closed higher on Thursday driven by strong earnings updates from companies including Whitbread and Standard Chartered, although Sainsbury hit the bottom of the index after warning of a drop in annual profit due to the cost-of-living crisis.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Trading update AstraZeneca
Q1 results Natwest Group
Q1 results Computacenter
Q1 Trading update Reckitt Benckiser
Q1 Trading statement Travis Perkins
Q1 Trading update Rotork
Q1 Trading update Pearson
Q1 Trading update Smurfit Kappa
Q1 Trading update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.