UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 29
April 29 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 1.02%.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L beat first-quarter sales and profit expectations and stood by its forecasts for 2022 as newer therapies for kidney disease and rare conditions offset an expected decline in COVID-19 vaccine sales.
* RECKITT: Reckitt Benckiser RKT.L beat first-quarter sales expectations, having increased prices to offset soaring raw material costs and flat volumes.
* PEARSON: Education group Pearson PSON.L reiterated its full-year profit outlook.
* AIB-NATWEST: Allied Irish Banks AIBG.I entered exclusive talks with NatWest NWG.L to acquire about 6 billion euros ($6.3 billion) of tracker mortgage loans from Ulster Bank.
* TRAVIS PERKINS: Travis Perkins TPK.L said its forecast for materials price inflation, which it had expected to ease into the second half of the year, was now more uncertain.
* NATWEST: British state-backed bank NatWest NWG.L reported a 41% increase in first-quarter profits, as rising interest rates and higher income boosted performance.
* AO WORLD: Electricals retailer AO World AO.L cautioned that its near-term revenue and profit outlook could be hit by inflationary pressures, supply chain challenges and the cost-of-living crisis.
* ALPHAWAVE: Semiconductor tech company Alphawave AWE.L reported revenue of $89.9 million for 2021 and said it had seen strong trading in the first quarter of 2022.
* GLENCORE: About 24% of investors voted against Glencore's GLEN.L climate progress report at an annual general meeting, after some cited slow progress in scaling back coal production.
* INTERROS-TCS HOLDINGS: Russia's Interros Holding, which manages the assets of billionaire Vladimir Potanin, said that it had acquired 35% of shares in TCS Group.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 100 closed higher on Thursday driven by strong earnings updates from companies, although Sainsbury hit the bottom of the index after warning of a drop in annual profit.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.