UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 12
Aug 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat with futures .FFIc1 up 0.1% on Friday.
* FLUTTER: Flutter FLTRF.I posted a 20% fall in first-half earnings but expects to finish the year ahead of 2021 excluding an expected final year of losses in its fast growing U.S. business.
* 888 HOLDINGS: 888 Holdings Plc 888.L reported a fall in its interim profit, hurt by tightened UK online gambling safety measures and the cost-of-living crisis.
* GOV: Britain said it had shortlisted 20 projects for the next stage of a key technology in its transition to net zero, which involves capturing and storing carbon emissions from industrial processes.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L said on Thursday it halted production at three U.S. Gulf of Mexico deepwater platforms after a leak shut two pipelines connecting the platforms, adding it expected pipeline service to resume on Friday.
* GSK/SANOFI/HALEON: - Shares in GSK GSK.L , Sanofi SASY.PA and Haleon HLN.L fell sharply on Thursday, following declines earlier this week, amid growing investor concerns about U.S. litigation focused on a heartburn drug that contained a probable carcinogen.
* NATIONAL GRID: Britain's National Grid on Thursday cancelled a notice made earlier in the day, which said it expected Britain's electricity supply margin to be below a threshold needed to balance the country's energy system.
* OIL: Oil prices dropped in Asia trade amid an uncertain demand outlook, though benchmark contracts were headed for weekly gains as recession fears eased.
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied and were on track for their fourth consecutive weekly gain, as broader weakness in the dollar countered pressure from an uptick in the Treasury yields and prospects of U.S. interest rate hikes.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Anchal Rana and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.