UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 17
Aug 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 0.36%, with futures .FFIc1 up 0.15% on Wednesday.
* BOOHOO: British online fashion retailer Boohoo BOOH.L said on Wednesday it had acquired a 7.1% stake in Revolution Beauty Group REVB.L , making it the fourth-largest shareholder of the beauty products maker.
* PERSIMMON: Persimmon PSN.L forecast robust demand for new homes and reiterated its annual home completions outlook, dispelling fears of a slowdown in the sector, although the British housebuilder posted a fall in its half-yearly profit.
* PLUS 500: Plus500 Plc PLUSP.L posted a higher half-year profit, helped by market volatility and retention of higher-value customers, and announced a $60.2 million share buyback programme.
* INFLATION: British consumer price inflation jumped to 10.1% in July, its highest since February 1982, up from an annual rate of 9.4% in June, intensifying the squeeze on households, official figures showed.
* CINEOWORLD: Cineworld CINE.L warned that admission levels at its theatres are likely to stay lower than expected until November due to limited film releases, hurting the debt-laden British group in the near term.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L said it plans to shut for two weeks in September a key crude oil pipeline in Gulf of Mexico that supplies oil to Louisiana refineries.
* GSK: GlaxoSmithKline Plc GSK.L said that plaintiffs in the first scheduled U.S. lawsuit around heartburn drug Zantac will file a notice to voluntarily dismiss the case.
* Britain's top share index .FTSE ended near a 10-week peak on Tuesday as strong results from BHP Group sparked a rally in mining stocks, while fashion chain Ted Baker soared on a buyout deal.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi and Anchal Rana in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.