UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug. 25
August 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher with futures FFIc1 up 0.3% on Thursday.
* SHELL: Energy Transfer LP ET.N will supply 2.1 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) per year to Shell Plc SHEL.L for 20 years under a deal announced on Wednesday.
* CAR OUTPUT: British car production rose for a third straight month in July, 8.6% higher than a weak comparative last year, when car makers were struggling with acute shortages of chips and COVID-related absences, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) said on Thursday.
* ENERGY: The British government and energy regulator Ofgem should consider what market reforms are needed to help households struggling with rising bills and reduce the risk of fuel poverty this winter, a government advisory body said in a letter.
* OIL: Oil prices rose on mounting supply tightness concerns amid disruptions to Russian exports, the potential for major producers to cut output, and the partial shutdown of a U.S. refinery.
* GOLD: Gold prices rose, supported by a pullback in the dollar, while investors awaited guidance on interest rates by the U.S. Federal Reserve from a key central bankers' meet at Jackson Hole, Wyoming this week.
* METALS: London copper prices edged up, buoyed by an uptick in equities and a slight pullback in the U.S. dollar, although dismal demand outlook amid growing recession worries kept gains in check.
* Commodity and financial stocks dragged the UK's FTSE 100 lower on Wednesday on worries about a slowdown in global economic growth, although a jump in AVEVA Group on buyout news and a weaker pound helped limit losses on the exporter-heavy index.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Morses Club
FY Results Hays Plc
FY Results Macfarlane
HY Results Hunting Plc
HY Results Harbour Energy HBR.L
HY Results Grafton Plc
GFTU_u.L HY Results CRH Plc
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.