UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 4
Aug 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.06%.
* GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L announced a share buyback of $3 billion, after it reported a record half-yearly profit.
* CENTAMIN: Gold miner Centamin Plc CEY.L reported a 4% rise in its first-half revenue.
* GO AHEAD: Go-Ahead Group GOG.L agreed to an increased buyout offer from Australia's Kinetic Holding and Spain-based Globalvia Inversiones.
* MEDICLINIC: South Africa's Remgro REMJ.J said it will buy British hospital chain operator Mediclinic International MDCM.L .
* ROLLS ROYCE: Rolls-Royce RR.L said it would see its squeezed operating profit margin improve in the second half.
* INFORMA: Informa Plc INF.L reiterated its annual profit to be at the top end of market expectations.
* NEXT: British retailer Next NXT.L increased its full-year sales and profit forecasts.
* PHEONIX: Phoenix PHNX.L has bought closed life insurer Sun Life of Canada UK for 248 million pounds.
* MEGGITT: Aircraft parts supplier Meggitt Plc MGGT.L reported a 21% rise in its first-half revenue.
* UNILEVER: Ben & Jerry's independent board said Unilever Plc had frozen its directors' salaries in July as a pressure tactic.
* M&S: Britain's Marks and Spencer MKS.L said it would stop selling disposable barbecues to reduce risk of fires in dry conditions.
* REGULATOR: Britain's competition regulator said that Canadian cloud-based software firm Dye & Durham DND.TO should sell TM Group after it identified competition concerns.
* AUTOS: British new car registrations fell about 9% in July, according to preliminary industry data.
* BOE: The Bank of England is expected to raise interest rates by the most since 1995.
* HARLEQUIN: The chairman of Harlequin Group was convicted of defrauding 226 million pounds ($274 million) from more than 8,000 investors in Britain.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.