UK Stocks-Factors to watch on August 16
August 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat on Tuesday with futures .FFIc1 up 0.33%.
* AUTHENTIC BRANDS/TED BAKER: Juicy Couture and Forever 21 owner Authentic Brands AUTH.N will buy Ted Baker TED.L in a deal worth roughly 211 million pounds ($254.26 million).
* BHP: BHP Group Ltd BHP.AX reported bumper profits on the back of gains in prices of coal and other commodities, and declined to rule out a second approach in its spurned $6 billion bid for OZ Minerals OZL.AX .
* LABOUR MARKET: Britain's super-hot labour market showed more signs of cooling, official data published on Tuesday showed.
* DARKTRACE: Darktrace Plc DARK.L said on Monday it was in the early talks with tech investment firm Thoma Bravo about a possible cash offer.
* HEATHROW: London's Heathrow Airport said on Monday it will extend the cap on flight departures to Oct. 29.
* COVID: UK medicines regulator MHRA on Monday gave conditional approval for use Moderna's MRNA.O so-called bivalent vaccine as a booster for adults.
* STRIKE: More than 500 dockworkers at the Port of Liverpool have voted in favour of strike action over pay and working conditions, the Unite trade union said on Monday.
* OIL: Oil prices fell as bleak economic data from top crude buyer China renewed fears of a global recession.
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied on Tuesday as a dip in U.S. bond yields countered pressure from a firmer dollar and concerns over further rate hikes by the Federal Reserve.
* METALS: Copper prices rose on Tuesday although gains were limited on weak China data.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi and Anchal Rana in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.