UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 8
Dec 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index ticked up 0.1% higher early on Thursday.
* BAT: British American Tobacco BATS.L said it expects full-year revenue growth of between 2% and 4% at constant currency rates.
* ON THE BEACH: On The Beach OTB.L said its CEO and founder Simon Cooper will leave in the next 12 months.
* TULLOW OIL: Tullow Oil TLW.L named interim chief financial officer, Richard Miller, as permanent CFO.
* FRASERS: Frasers FRAS.L posted a 38.8% rise in first-half profit.
* DS SMITH: DS Smith raised its interim dividend by 25% and forecast a stronger-than-expected annual performance.
* GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L has shelved the development of a A$2 billion coal mine in Australia's Queensland state.
* BP: A labour dispute at BP's BP.L Rotterdam Refinery has been resolved .
* RAIL STRIKE: British trade union RMT said planned strikes by railway workers would go ahead later this month and in January.
* STRIKES: PM Rishi Sunak said he would take more action "to protect the lives and livelihoods" of Britons during months of planned strikes by rail, health and postal workers.
* COAL: Britain approved its first new deep coal mine in decades to produce the high-polluting fuel for use in steelmaking.
* LABOUR MARKET: Britain's labour market cooled noticeably last month, a survey showed.
* OIL: Oil prices rebounded in Asian trade.
* GOLD: Gold prices eased on Thursday but were stuck in a tight range as investors awaited further direction on U.S. rate hikes next week.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.