UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 9
Dec 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.2%.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Global miner Anglo American AAL.L forecast its production to grow about 5% in 2023, banking on a ramp-up at its Peruvian Quellaveco mine.
* BERKELEY: Berkeley Group BKGH.L retained its annual profit outlook, even as it reported a 2% fall in half-year profit.
* ABF: Primark owner Associated British Foods ABF.L reiterated a November forecast that profit would fall in its 2022-23 financial year.
* PENDRAGON: Pendragon Plc's PDG.L top investor Hedin Mobility has dropped its pursuit to takeover the British auto retailer.
* SANTANDER: Britain's Financial Conduct Authority said it had fined Santander SAN.MC 107.7 million pounds for "serious and persistent" gaps in the Spanish bank's anti-money laundering controls.
* SHELL: The sale of a Shell Plc RDSa.L and Exxon Mobil Corp XOM.N oil-production joint venture in California has been pushed back to the first quarter of next year for U.S. regulatory approvals.
* MANCHESTER UNITED: Manchester United MANU.N raised its 2023 total revenue guidance on the back of strong matchday revenue.
* LME: The London Metal Exchange said it would raise some ancillary charges next year but leave its core trading and clearing fees unchanged.
* REFORM: Britain will set out reforms on Friday to ease bank capital rules.
* OIL: Oil prices bounced as the closure of a major Canada-to-U.S. crude pipeline disrupted supplies.
* GOLD: Gold firmed just below the key $1,800 level as the dollar eased.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru; Editing by Savio D'Souza
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.