UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 11
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Friday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.89%.
* ILIAD-VODAFONE: Britain's Vodafone VOD.L rejected a preliminary approach for its Italian business from France's Iliad and Apax Partners worth more than 11 billion euros, the first public skirmish in what could be a new wave of European telecoms deal making.
* UNILEVER: The board of Ben & Jerry's aims to work out a "new arrangement" for sales in Israel before the end of the year, Unilever PLC's ULVR.L CEO said, after the U.S.-based independent ice cream brand last year committed to halting sales in Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories.
* GSK-VIR: An antibody-based COVID-19 therapy developed by GSK GSK.L and Vir Biotechnology VIR.O retains neutralising activity against the emerging BA.2 form of the Omicron coronavirus variant, according to data from a laboratory study cited by Vir.
* DELIVEROO: Deliveroo ROO.L will trial its "Deliveroo Hop" rapid grocery service with supermarket Waitrose, with a delivery-only store opening in Bermondsey, London, later this month, Waitrose said.
* METALS: London base metals fell as a stronger-than-expected U.S. inflation data stoked worries about a more aggressive policy tightening by the Federal Reserve, though all metals, led by aluminium, were on track for weekly gains.
* GOLD: Gold prices were steady, as bullion's appeal as an inflation hedge was partially capped by hawkish comments from a U.S. Federal Reserve official that ramped up odds for a hefty interest rate hike next month and also lifted Treasury yields.
* OIL: Oil prices eased as hot U.S. inflation fanned worries about aggressive interest rate hikes and investors await the outcome of U.S.-Iran talks that could lead to increased global crude supply.
* Britain's blue-chip index closed higher on Thursday, boosted by AstraZeneca's gains following an upbeat sales forecast, while strong metal prices lifted mining stocks to their highest in more than a decade.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Interim statement British American Tobacco BATS.I
FY results Lancashire Holdings
Q4 and FY results Tate & Lyle
Q3 trading update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.