UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 25
Feb 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 1.21%.
* CENTRICA: Britain's largest energy supplier Centrica CNA.L reported a doubling in adjusted profit for 2021 and said its British Gas brand had taken on about 700,000 customers after the collapse of rivals hit by soaring energy costs amid a cap on prices.
* IMPERIAL BRANDS: Imperial Brands Plc IMB.L , the maker of Winston cigarettes and Backwoods cigars, suspended operations in Ukraine, the company told Reuters, after Russia launched an invasion of the country.
* UK BANKS-RUSSIA : Russian nationals will not be allowed to have deposits of more than 50,000 pounds ($66,860) at British banks, the foreign office said, fleshing out details of its latest package of sanctions.
* METALS: London aluminium slipped after rallying to a record high in the previous session, but prices were set for a third consecutive weekly jump on fears of supply disruptions as the West imposed a slew of sanctions on Russia for invading Ukraine.
* GOLD: Gold prices rose, steadying after a volatile session, as investors reassessed the situation surrounding Russia's invasion of Ukraine and fresh sanctions against Moscow from the West.
* OIL: Oil prices jumped nearly 3% as Russia's invasion of Ukraine stoked global supply concerns.
* UK's main stock indexes plunged on Thursday, tracking a sharp selloff in global equities, as investors shed riskier assets.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
FY results Jupiter Fund Management
FY results Pearson
FY results Rightmove
FY results IMI Plc
FY results International
FY results Consolidated Airlines
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.