UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 18
Jan 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE was flat as of 0802 GMT on Wednesday.
* SMITHS GROUP: Smiths Group SMIN.L forecast higher 2023 organic revenue, buoyed by strong demand for energy and industrial services.
* S4 Capital: S4 Capital SFOR.L said it expected to hit its full-year core earnings target after improving its margin in the second half of the year.
* CURRYS: Currys CURY.L kept its financial guidance for the full year, despite a further deterioration in its international business.
* WH SMITH: WH Smith SMWH.L said revenue had risen over the last 20 weeks due to a rebound in travel from COVID-19 lows as people vacationed for Christmas.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Antofagasta ANTO.L reported a 10.4% fall in 2022 copper output.
* BURBERRY: Burberry's BRBY.L like-for-like sales growth slowed sharply to 1% in the quarter to end-December.
* PEARSON: Pearson PSON.L said it would post adjusted operating profit of about 455 million pounds ($560 million) for 2022.
* BP: BP BP.L revealed plans to evaluate the construction of an ammonia cracker in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.
* RATHBONES: Rathbones Group RAT.L said its funds under management and administration fell as of the end of last year.
* LIONTRUST: Fund manager Liontrust Asset Management LIO.L reported net outflows of 632 million pounds ($779 million) in the last three months of 2022.
* S4: Martin Sorrell's S4 Capital SFOR.L advertising group said it expected to hit its full-year core earnings target.
* MELSROSE INDUSTRIES: Engineering firm GKN's owner Melrose Industries MRON.L refuted claims of a lapse of communication made by bondholders threatening enforcement action.
* RAIL STRIKES: Thousands of British train drivers will stage a fresh two-day walkout next month over a pay dispute.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sruthi Narasimha Chari in Bengaluru; Editing by Savio D'Souza
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.