UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 14
July 14 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 5 points lower at 7,120 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* GO-AHEAD: Go-Ahead GOG.L will withdraw diesel buses and further electrify its rail fleet as part of efforts to become carbon neutral by 2045, the British company said.
* VECTURA: British Business Minister Kwasi Kwarteng has asked officials to monitor drugmaker Vectura Group PLC's VEC.L proposed takeover by U.S. tobacco group Philip Morris International Inc PM.N , the Times newspaper reported.
* COVID-19: Masks will remain mandatory on London's public transport network after July 19, the city's mayor said on Wednesday, as Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government plans to lift most COVID-19 restrictions from that date in England despite rising cases.
* CLIMATE: Britain will ban the sale of new petrol and diesel heavy good vehicles from 2040 as part of a broader package of green initiatives aimed at achieving net zero emissions from all forms of transport ten years later.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged up as U.S. Treasury yields and the dollar eased slightly in Asia trade, though the main focus was on U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell's testimony later in day following a robust rise in consumer prices.
* OIL: Oil prices fell on future demand concerns after data showed that China's first-half crude imports dropped.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE ended on a quiet note on Tuesday amidst weakness in travel and energy stocks as a jump in coronavirus infections raised worries about re-openings.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
DNLM.L Dunelm Group
Trading update BDEV.L Barratt Developments
Trading update TLW.L
Trading update ASHM.L Ashmore Group
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Priyanshi Mandhan in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.