UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 21
July 21(Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening flat on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.05%.
* JD SPORTS: JD Sports Fashion Plc JD.L , Britain's largest sportswear retailer, was in exclusive talks to sell Footasylum to German asset management firm Aurelius Group, a Sky News reporter said in a tweet on Wednesday.
* HEATHROW: A strike by refuellers at Britain's busiest airport Heathrow, which was set to begin on Thursday, has been suspended after the employees received a revised offer, labour union Unite said.
* ROYAL MAIL: UK trade union CWU said on Wednesday it had served Royal Mail Plc RMG.L a notice for a second national ballot, which will start next week, as postal workers gear up for a strike over pay.
* EASYJET: EasyJet confirmed an order for 56 Airbus A3320neo airliners on Wednesday and said the deal including upsizing 18 A320neo aircraft to the A321neo model.
* OIL: Oil prices fell on Thursday for a second straight session, as demand concerns outweighed tight global supply after U.S. government data showed tepid gasoline demand during the peak summer driving season.
* UK's top share index reversed early gains and fell on Wednesday, dragged lower by a weakness in defensive stocks, while a surge in inflation to 40-year highs cemented bets for a bigger-than-usual rate hike by the Bank of England next month.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Moneysupermarket.com
Q3 trading update
Q1 business update
Q3 trading statement
Q2 production report
Q1 performance update
Interim Trading Update
Q4 trading update
Q3 trading update
Mitchells & Butlers
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.