UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 26
July 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Tuesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.22%.
* UNILEVER: Unilever Plc ULVR.L raised its full-year sales guidance after beating forecasts with an 8.1% increase in first-half underlying sales as the maker of Dove soap and Knorr stock cubes hiked prices to counter soaring costs.
* HEATHROW: Heathrow, the London hub that has capped flight numbers after struggling to cope with a rebound in travel, said it remained loss making and would not forecast a dividend in 2022.
* DRAX: Drax Group DRX.L reported a rise in half-year profit, as the British power generator benefited from strong demand for renewable electricity amid surging gas prices.
* COMPASS: Compass Group CPG.L tempered its annual exit margin forecast as rising costs push consumers and businesses to cut spending, hitting the world's largest caterer.
* EASYJET: British low-cost airline easyJet EZJ.L said disruption caused by staff shortages on its aircraft and in airports cost it 133 million pounds ($160.3 million) in the three months to end June.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: Britain's Rolls-Royce RR.L named Tufan Erginbilgic as its chief executive officer, succeeding Warren East who is stepping down at the end of this year.
* STRIKE: The Transport Salaried Staffs' Association (TSSA) on Monday announced strike action across seven train operating companies that will take place on Aug. 18 and Aug. 20.
* SHELL: Shell Plc SHEL.L said on Monday it had made a final investment decision to develop the Jackdaw gas field in the British North Sea.
* ENERGY: Britain's government must increase the level of support it is offering households to help pay soaring energy bills this winter, a cross-party group of lawmakers said on Tuesday.
* Britain's FTSE 100 rose on Monday, supported by banks and commodity stocks in a choppy session, with data showing Britain's industrial output slowed but tentative signs of price pressures coming off their peak.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.