UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 28
July 28(Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE opened 0.6% higher on Thursday.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L reported a second-quarter profit of $11.5 billion, smashing its previous record just three months earlier.
* SCHRODERS: Schroders SDR.L on Thursday reported a 1% rise in assets under management in the first half.
* BAE SYSTEMS: BAE Systems BAES.L named Cressida Hogg as its next chair on Thursday.
* BT GROUP: BT Group BT.L met market expectations on Thursday with a 1% increase in first-quarter revenue.
* METRO BANK: Metro Bank MTRO.L said on Thursday it expects to reach monthly breakeven in the first quarter of 2023.
* SMITH & NEPHEW: Smith+Nephew SN.L said on Thursday it expects annual profit margin to be lower than the previous year.
* SEGRO: Segro SGRO.L on Thursday reported a 29% rise in half-year profit.
* ST JAMES'S PLACE: St James's Place SJP.L on Thursday reported interim net inflows similar to levels seen in 2021.
* NATIONAL EXPRESS: National Express Group NEX.L on Thursday reported a 54.3% jump in its half-year profit.
* DIAGEO: Johnnie Walker whisky maker Diageo DGE.L on Thursday posted a 21.4% rise in full-year sales.
ITV: Britain's ITV ITV.L said it expected total advertising revenue for the nine months to be flat.
BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L reported first-half profit fell more than expected.
ROBERT WALTERS: British recruitment firm Robert Walters RWA.L reported a 19% jump in half-year profit.
* AUTOS: British car production rose 5.6% in June from a year earlier.
ANGLO AMERICAN: Anglo American AAL.L slashed payouts to shareholders after earnings for its first half fell 28% due to lower production and higher costs.
* ENERGY: Britain's National Grid said there could be periods where electricity supply is tight this winter.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.