UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 29
July 29(Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.35%.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L topped analyst expectations for second-quarter profit and revenue, helped by higher demand for its cancer medicines.
* IAG: IAG IAG.L returned to quarterly profitability for the first time since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, following a "significant" increase in capacity.
* ASTON MARTIN: Aston Martin AML.L reported a bigger loss for the first half of the year as it sold fewer cars, hurt in part by supply chain snarls.
* NATWEST: NatWest NWG.L reported better than expected profit for the first half of the year, as Bank of England rate hikes lifted its finances despite runaway inflation threatening to crunch Britain's economy.
* GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L lowered its full-year copper guidance, partly owing to reduced output from its Katanga open-pit mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
* JUPITER: Jupiter Fund Management JUP.L reported a fall in its half-yearly profit, due to an increase in outflows as key global markets are buckling under rising geopolitical tensions and inflationary concerns.
* RIGHTMOVE: Rightmove RMV.L expects "broadly stable" market activity for the rest of the year, the online real-estate portal said, after it posted a higher half-year profit.
* PROBE: Britain's competition watchdog said it was investigating fashion brands ASOS ASOS.L , Boohoo Group BOOH.L and George at Asda over eco-friendly and sustainability claims by the companies.
* STANCHART: Standard Chartered STAN.L reported that first-half pre-tax profit rose 19%, above market expectations, as the emerging markets-focused lender benefited from rising interest rates.
* EASYJET: Spain-based cabin crew at easyJet EZJ.L have suspended a planned strike at the weekend after reaching a deal with the budget airline that includes higher salaries, local union USO.
* GSK: GSK GSK.L has struck a deal to allow low-cost generic versions of its long-acting HIV preventive medicine to be used in the developing world.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.