UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 7
July 7 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Thursday with futures FFIc1 up 1.14%.
* DRAX GROUP: Drax Group Plc DRX.L said on Wednesday it had entered into an agreement with National Grid NG.L at the British government's request and now the power generator's two coal-fired units will be available to provide a "winter contingency" service.
* CMA- MICROSOFT: Britain's antitrust watchdog said on Wednesday it had started an investigation into Microsoft Corp's MSFT.O $68.7 billion deal to buy "Call of Duty" maker Activision Blizzard Inc ATVI.O .
* ULTRA-COBHAM: Britain on Wednesday accepted undertakings from both Ultra Electronics ULE.L and rival Cobham, moving a step closer in approving the latter's acquisition of the London-listed defence firm, after having raised security concerns over the deal.
* BRITISH AIRWAYS: British Airways will cut more flights during the crucial summer holiday months, as airlines and airports across Europe struggle to keep up with strong post-pandemic demand from holidaymakers.
* OIL: Oil prices slipped in early Asian trade after hitting a nearly three-month low during the previous session, as fears of a potential global recession spurred concerns about oil demand.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged up from nine-month lows touched in the previous session, after a break in the dollar's rally alleviated pressure on bullion, but analysts warned that the relief was likely to be temporary.
* FTSE 100: UK stock markets on Wednesday rebounded from a sharp sell-off, with exporter-heavy FTSE 100 benefiting from a weakness in sterling as economic worries were compounded by a crisis in Boris Johnson's government.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Update Jet2 Plc
FY results Watches of WOSG.L
FY results Switzerlan
FY results Victrex
statement John Wood
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.