UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 6
June 6 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Monday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.88%.
* MELROSE INDUSTRIES: British jet and auto parts supplier Melrose Industries Plc MRON.L agreed to sell its Ergotron unit to funds managed by U.S.-based the Sterling Group for $650 million.
* GSK: British drugmaker GSK GSK.L said on Monday its vaccine, Priorix, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the prevention of measles, mumps and rubella for those aged one year and above.
* RUSAL-RIO: Rusal RUAL.MM has filed a lawsuit against Rio Tinto RIO.AX , seeking to win back access to its 20% share of the alumina produced at a jointly owned refiner in Queensland.
* SAINSBURY'S: Shareholders in Sainsbury's SBRY.L will get to vote on a resolution at next month's annual meeting.
* UNILEVER: Germany's Flossbach von Storch, a top-10 shareholder of Unilever ULVR.L , is backing Nelson Peltz to bring urgency to the company, it said.
* SHELL: Britain's regulator approved Shell's SHEL.L revised plan to develop a North Sea natural gas field.
* EASYJET: EasyJet EZJ.L cancelled 80 flights due to the ongoing challenging operating environment.
* COUNTRYSIDE: The biggest shareholder in Countryside Partnerships CSPC.L has urged the board to find a buyer for the group, and to include Inclusive Capital in the sales process.
* AIB-NATWEST: Allied Irish Banks AIBG.I will pay NatWest Group NWG.L 5.4 billion euros ($5.75 billion) to acquire its Irish tracker mortgage book.
* FTSE 100: UK stocks edged lower on Wednesday ahead of an extended public holiday weekend, as ex-dividend trading impacted shares of National Grid and Vodafone, while Dr. Martens surged more than 20% after the footwear brand lifted its annual revenue forecast.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi and Sinchita Mitrain Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.