UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 2
March 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening open 28 points lower at 6,560 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: People in France aged over 65 with existing health problems can be given the AstraZeneca AZN.L COVID-19 vaccine, France's health minister said on Monday, departing from Paris's earlier stance that the vaccine should be for under-65s only.
* ASTRAZENECA: Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization released new guidelines on Monday that advise against vaccinating people who are 65 years and older with AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine, citing lack of information about efficacy in that age group.
* BREXIT: The shift in financial staff and assets from the City of London to the European Union because of Brexit has eased after Britain completed its full departure from the bloc, a tracker from consultants EY showed.
* TAXES: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has vowed in an interview with the Sun newspaper that his green agenda will not lead to any new tax rises.
* VACCINES: The Pfizer PFE.N and AstraZeneca vaccines are more than 80% effective at preventing hospitalisations from COVID-19 in those over 80 after one dose of either shot, Public Health England said on Monday, citing a pre-print study.
* REGULATOR: Britain's financial watchdog must act faster on scams, its chair said on Monday.
* GOLD: Gold prices slumped to their lowest in 8-1/2 months, as a stronger dollar and elevated U.S. Treasury yields eroded investor appetite for the non-yielding metal.
* OIL: Oil prices fell more than 1%, extending losses that began last week, as investors unwound long positions on concern that OPEC may agree to increase global supply in a meeting this week and Chinese demand may be slipping.
* British shares rose on Monday, led by homebuilders and miners on reports of more domestic fiscal support.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Robert Walters
FY results Flutter Entertainment FLTRF.L
FY results Fresnillo
FY results Croda
FY results Taylor Wimpey
FY results Rotork
FY results Signature Aviation
FY results Devro
FY results Travis Perkins
FY results Intertek
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.