UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 9
Adds news items, updates futures
March 9 -Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Thursday with futures FFIc1 down 0.27%.
* SHELL: Shell'semissions dipped by about 10% in 2022 to a total of 1.232 billion tonnes of CO2 equivalent, from 1.367 billion tonnes the previous year, according to its annual report and Reuters calculations.
* SHELL: Shell's SHEL.L former Chief Executive Ben van Beurden's pay package for 2022 was up 53% at 9.7 million pounds, according in its annual report.
* ASTRAZENECA: Lung cancer patients treated with AstraZeneca's AZN.L immunotherapy Imfinzi pre- and post-surgery in a trial lived significantly longer without the disease progressing or recurring than those treated with chemotherapy, the drugmaker said.
* ENTAIN: Entain ENT.L forecast some regulatory headwinds this year after reporting a 13% rise in annual profit.
* PAGEGROUP: PageGroup Plc PAGE.L said it expected persistent candidate shortages and good levels of vacancies despite challenging macroeconomic conditions, after it posted an annual profit that beat market estimates.
* HARBOUR ENERGY: Harbour Energy HBR.L announced a new share buyback plan worth $200 million after its 2022 free cash flow tripled to $2.1 billion.
* M&G: British insurer and asset manager M&G Plc MNG.L reported a 28 billion pounds drop in full-year assets under management.
* INFORMA: British events organiser Informa INF.L said it has acquired business-to-business events group Tarsus for $940 million.
* AVIVA: Aviva AV.L posted a 35% jump in operating profit that trumped forecasts, and pledged to pay a 300 million pound buyback to investors.
* HOUSE PRICES: British property surveyors grew less gloomy about the prospects for the housing market in February as a slump in new buyer enquiries eased, a survey showed..
* RECESSION: The British Chambers of Commerce forecast that the UK economyis on track to shrink less than expected this year, avoiding a technical recession.
* OIL: Oilflat as China hopes, US stock draw offset recession fears
* GOLD: Gold prices move in narrowrange as investors await US jobs data
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times PRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru; Editing by Dhanya Ann Thoppil
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.