UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 17
May 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Tuesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.4%.
* LAND SECURITIES: Land Securities LAND.L reported a swing to annual profit on Tuesday, driven by record leasing in its London offices and a return to growth in major retail destinations.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L is paying up to $157 million, plus royalties, for an exclusive licence to develop and sell a set of pre-clinical COVID antibody therapies developed by RQ Bio, the London-based biotech said on Tuesday.
* IMPERIAL BRANDS: Imperial Brands IMB.L on Tuesday reported a marginal increase in first half sales as demand for ecigarettes and heated tobacco products helped make up for lower tobacco volumes.
* VODAFONE: Vodafone VOD.L , the European and African mobile operator, reported a 5% rise in full-year core earnings on Tuesday, meeting the bottom of its guidance, helped by a good performance in its largest market, Germany.
* LSE: Britain's competition watchdog will conduct an investigation into the London Stock Exchange's LSEG.L acquisition of Quantile Group, it said on Tuesday.
* KKR-CONTOURGLOBAL: KKR & Co KKR.N has agreed to buy London-listed power generation firm ContourGlobal GLO.L for 1.75 billion pounds ($2.16 billion), as the U.S. private-equity firm seeks to expand its power and infrastructure portfolio. * UK's blue-chip index rose on Monday, aided by gains in healthcare and resource-linked stocks, though subdued data from China stoked slowdown concerns in the world's second-largest economy and kept sentiment in check.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.