UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov. 22
Nov 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Monday with futures FFIc1 up by 0.3%.
* IAG: Britain's competition regulator is examining whether British Airways owner IAG's ICAG.L planned 500 million euro purchase of Spain's Air Europa would harm competition in the UK, the watchdog said.
* LV=: The board of British mutual insurer LV= said it "urged" all its members to vote in favour of a proposed 530 million pound ($712.37 million) takeover of the group by private equity giant Bain Capital.
* CMA: Britain's competition watchdog said it will not refer insurance broker Arthur J Gallagher & Co's AJG.N planned $3.25 billion purchase of Willis Towers Watson's WTY.F treaty reinsurance brokerage business to an in-depth investigation.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Anglo American AAL.L , which divested its thermal coal mines this year after pressure from investors, plans to retain its steelmaking coal portfolio as it is confident that they will not press for an early exit, the mining group's chief executive said.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Chile's Antofagasta ANTO.L , one of the world's largest copper producers, said on Saturday it was "concerned" by rising political uncertainty in the Andean country.
* ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Charging points for electric vehicles will be required to be installed in new buildings in Britain from next year under a new legislation.
* OIL: Oil prices came off seven-week lows on Monday, but remained under pressure after Japan said it was weighing releasing oil reserves and as the COVID-19 situation in Europe worsened, raising concerns about both oversupply and weak demand.
* London stocks slipped on Friday, dragged down by commodity and travel shares on concerns around fresh COVID-19 curbs in Europe, while rising bets about rate hikes following strong economic data pushed the blue-chip index to its first weekly loss in four. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru; Editing by Shailesh Kuber
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.