UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 25
Nov 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Thursday, with futures FFIc1 up by 0.25%.
* HOCHSCHILD MINING: Hochschild Mining HOCM.L said its Inmaculada and Pallancata mines in the Ayacucho region of Peru would continue to operate under the current framework, a day after the South American country allowed miners to seek extensions for mines.
* MITCHELLS & BUTLERS: Mitchells & Butlers MAB.L expects rising costs, supply chain issues and labour shortages since Brexit will "inevitably" have an impact on its performance in the current year, the British pub operator said.
* VIVO ENERGY: Britain's Vivo Energy VVO.L said it has agreed to be taken over by Vitol Investment in a deal for roughly $2.3 billion.
* LABOUR SHORTAGE: Britain could face a shortage of alcohol this Christmas unless the government steps up its efforts to address a lack of heavy goods vehicle drivers, the wine and spirits industry warned on Wednesday.
* BULB: Collapsed British energy company Bulb will continue to supply customers as normal after it was put on Wednesday into the Special Administration Regime designed to protect consumers when a supplier failed, the government said.
* OIL: Oil prices were little changed with investors waiting to see how major producers respond to the emergency crude release by major consuming countries designed to cool the market, even as data pointed to healthy U.S. fuel demand.
* METALS: London copper was steady, supported by strong U.S. economic data and concerns over tight global supply, although a firmer dollar and Federal Reserve's taper timeline put some downward pressure on prices.
* UK's FTSE 100 rose for a third consecutive day on Wednesday, led by energy majors and miners, while leather bag company Mulberry jumped on strong earnings as demand for its luxury products returned to pre-pandemic levels.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Sinchita Mitra in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.