UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct. 13
Oct 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Thursday with futures FFIc1 down 0.15%.
* GSK: Late-stage data showed GSK's respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine was 82.6% effective in a keenly watched late-stage study involving older adults.
* EASYJET: EasyJet EZJ.L
it would post a headline annual loss before tax of between 170 million pounds and 190 million pounds after cancelled flights in spring offset a strong summer season.
* HAYS: Hays HAYS.L said client and candidate activity slowed in some markets because of macroeconomic uncertainties, after posting a rise in first-quarter net fees.
* ENTAIN: Entain ENT.L
forecast its fourth-quarter
online gaming revenue to improve on the back of the soccer World Cup set to start next month.
* SHELL: Petronas has signed a production sharing contract with subsidiaries of TotalEnergies TTEF.PA and Shell Plc SHEL.L for an ultra-deepwater block located off the coast of Sabah.
* OFGEM: Energy regulator Ofgem will urge consumers to reduce energy usage "where possible", the Financial Times reported.
* HOUSE PRICES: British house prices rose last month at their slowest pace since early in the coronavirus crisis and look on course to fall as a surge in mortgage costs adds to uncertainty about the economy for home-buyers, a survey showed.
* CARBON CREDIT: The use of cheap carbon offsets by companies to meet net zero targets could curb their efforts to cut emissions and slow the delivery of climate goals, Britain’s climate change advisers said.
* GOLD: Gold prices flitted in a tight range as market participants maintained a cautious stance ahead of a key U.S. inflation reading.
* OIL: Oil prices struggled to find their footing in Asian trade after easing in the previous session.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.