UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 19
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening higher on Monday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.2%.
* WISE PLC: Money transfer company Wise Plc WISEa.L said that its revenue was 132.8 million pounds ($182.97 million) in the second quarter, a rise of 25% from the same period last year.
* 888: Online-focussed gambling firm 888 888.L reported a 7% rise in third-quarter revenue.
* BELLWAY: Homebuilder Bellway PLC BWY.L reported a surge in annual profit and said it was targeting an increase of around 10% in output of new homes for the year ending July 2022.
* MCBRIDE: McBride Plc MCB.L warned that raw material and packaging costs have risen faster and to a higher level than previously expected.
* HEATHROW: Britain's aviation regulator said that Heathrow, would not be permitted to increase charges as much as it had wanted, as both the hub and its airline customers vie to recover pandemic losses.
* CENTAMIN: Gold miner Centamin CEY.L said it was expecting to hit the midpoint of its gold production forecast for 2021 after reporting a 3% rise in output in the third quarter from the prior three months.
* BHP: BHP Group BHP.AX posted a near 5% drop in first-quarter iron ore output due to maintenance work at its Jimblebar mine and a shortage of rail labour caused by COVID-19 border restrictions.
* OIL: Oil prices fell, with Brent down a second straight day, after Chinese data showed slowing economic growth and U.S. factory output dropped in September, raising fresh concerns about demand amid patchy recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
* London's FTSE 100 slipped on Monday as investors ramped up bets of a quicker interest rate hike by the Bank of England.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.