UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 20
Oct 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Thursday with futures FFIc1 down 0.17%.
* TRAVIS PERKINS: Travis Perkins TPK.L , Britain's biggest supplier of building materials, had a resilient third quarter with underlying sales growth of 7.4%.
* SCHRODERS: Schroders SDR.L reported a drop in its assets under management, as investors responded to geopolitical concerns-led uncertainty and recession risks.
* ST. JAMES'S: St James's Place SJP.L reported net inflows of 2.19 billion pounds ($2.46 billion) in the third quarter, down 15% from a year earlier.
* DUNELM: Dunelm Group DNLM.L posted a drop in its first-quarter sales, as consumers struggled with squeezed household incomes from an accelerating cost of living.
* RELX: Relx REL.L said that annual profit was set to grow faster than its historical trend after the group posted a 9% rise in revenue for the year so far.
* ASTON MARTIN: Zhejiang Geely Holding Chairman Li Shufu is considering raising the company's stake in luxury carmaker Aston Martin AML.L to up to 10%, Bloomberg News reported.
* MINERS: BHP BHP.AX and Antofagasta Minerals said that a mining royalty bill in Chile would affect competitiveness and encourage miners to reevaluate investments.
* STRIKE: British Railway workers union RMT said it would take strike action against 14 train operating companies in early November.
* CAPRICORN ENERGY: Irenic Capital Management, a hedge fund that owns a 1.5% stake in Capricorn Energy CNE.L , asked the natural gas producer to abandon its sale to Israel's NewMed Energy LP NWMDp.TA .
* GOLD: Gold prices fell further, after declining more than 1% in the previous session.
* OIL: Oil prices were mixed as investors balanced caution over tightening supply against concerns that a global slowdown could curb demand.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.