UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 28
Sept 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower with futures FFIc1 down 0.99% on Wednesday.
* SHELL: Shell SHEL.L and Exxon Mobil XOM.N have launched a simultaneous sale process of a large package of offshore natural gas assets in the southern UK and Dutch North Sea.
* BARCLAYS: U.S. regulators fined 16 financial firms, including Barclays BARC.L , Bank of America BAC.N , Citigroup C.N and Credit Suisse CSGN.S a combined $1.8 billion after staff discussed deals and trades on their personal devices and apps.
* IMF/BOE: The International Monetary Fund openly criticised Britain's new economic strategy that forced the Bank of England to promise a "significant" response to stabilise the economy.
* LAND ROVER: Jaguar Land Rover said it would retrain 29,000 employees and staff at retailers globally over the next three years to design, build and service electric vehicles ahead of its shift away from fossil-fuel cars.
* PENDRAGON: Pendragon PDG.L said it was accelerating a review of all strategic options to maximise value for shareholders, a day after it received an unsolicited preliminary proposal worth about 406 million pounds ($432.67 million) from Hedin Mobility Group, its largest shareholder.
* STRIKE: Workers union representing postal workers in the UK said on Tuesday that it has called for a further 19 days of strike against Royal Mail RMG.L .
* OIL: Oil prices fell more 1%, pressured by a strengthening dollar and crude storage builds that offset support from U.S. production cuts caused by Hurricane Ian.
* GOLD: Gold prices slipped as the dollar and U.S. Treasury yields climbed to multi-year peaks.
* London stocks fell on Tuesday as worries about potential central bank tightening to support a hammered pound knocked risk appetite.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Boohoo
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Anchal Rana in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.