UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 7
Sept 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower with futures FFIc1 down 0.96% on Wednesday.
* RIO TINTO: A U.S. judge said Rio Tinto Plc RIO.L must face an investor lawsuit accusing the Anglo-Australian mining giant of concealing delays and huge cost overruns at a Mongolian copper and gold mine owned by Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd TRQ.TO , in which Rio Tinto has a majority stake.
* BP: BP BP.L restored production at its 435,000-barrel-per-day (bpd) Whiting, Indiana, refinery on Sunday.
* ASTON MARTIN: Aston Martin AML.L expects its finances to improve in the second half of 2022 after burning through tens of millions of pounds in cash earlier this year.
* BEN & JERRY: Ben & Jerry said it plans to amend its lawsuit challenging the sale of its ice cream business in Israel by its parent company, Unilever ULVR.L .
* IHG: Holiday Inn owner IHG IHG.L said that bookings on its websites and apps were facing disruptions after its technology systems were hit by "unauthorised activity".
* HSBC: A divided U.S. appeals court said on Tuesday HSBC Holdings Plc HSBA.L was not liable to the families of two American contractors killed in an al-Qaeda suicide bombing of a CIA base in Afghanistan.
* ENERGY: Britain's oil and gas industry body called for new drilling licenses in the North Sea and rapid investment in the sector.
* OIL: Oil prices fell more than $1 on Wednesday to their lowest since before Russia invaded Ukraine.
* GOLD: Gold prices fell on Wednesday, as the U.S. dollar and Treasury yields jumped.
* British stock indexes ended higher on Tuesday boosted from financials and retailers.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Barratt Developments
FY Results WH Smith
Prelim FY Results
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Anchal Rana in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.