UPDATE 1 - UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 14
June 14 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Tuesday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.73%.
* ENTAIN: British gambling group Entain ENT.L said it had agreed to buy online sports betting and gaming operator BetCity in a deal worth up to 850 million euros ($887 million).
* BELLWAY-CREST NICHOLSON: British housebuilders Bellway BWY.L and Crest Nicholson Holdings CRST.L said upbeat home prices spurred by high demand levels will continue to offset cost pressures, brushing aside any slowdown concerns in the housing market.
* FIRSTGROUP: British transport company FirstGroup FGP.L reported a higher annual profit and resumed dividend payments, as passenger numbers on its buses improved after the relaxation of COVID-19 curbs.
* ITV: Britain's ITV ITV.L said it had agreed to buy a 79.5% stake in Plimsoll Productions, the maker of natural history programmes like "Hostile Planet" for Disney and "Night on Earth" for Netflix, for 103.5 million pounds ($126.1 million) in cash.
* PARAGON BANKING: British lender Paragon Banking PAGPA.L upgraded its 2022 forecasts on Tuesday, after posting a 49% rise in half-yearly profit, as it sees strong growth in new lending.
* GO-AHEAD: Australian transit operator Kelsian Group Ltd KLS.AX said it may bid for Go-Ahead Group PLC GOG.L after the British bus firm agreed to a 647.7 million pound ($789 million) buyout from another Australian group, setting the stage for a bidding war.
* STONEGATE: Britain's biggest pubs group Stonegate, which is suing Zurich Insurance ZURN.S and two peers for 1 billion pounds ($1.2 billion) over lockdown losses, battled the COVID-19 pandemic "day by day, venue by venue", a London trial heard.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 250 index fell to its lowest level in three months on Monday after data showed Britain's economy unexpectedly shrank in April ahead of a Bank of England policy meeting this week.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.