Wall Street Journal - Jan. 28
(Corrects link in first bullet point)
Jan 28 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- U.S. President Joe Biden praised retiring Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer as a model public servant Thursday and reaffirmed his commitment to nominate a Black woman to fill his seat, pledging to make an announcement before the end of February. Link
- The U.S. intelligence community's approach to classifying vast amounts of information is so flawed that it harms national security and diminishes public trust in government, according to Avril Haines, President Biden's director of national intelligence. Link
- A U.S. federal judge invalidated the lease sale of 80 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico that the U.S. Department of Interior had made available for oil and gas drilling, saying regulators used flawed environmental analysis. Link
- Biogen Inc BIIB.O is selling its share in biosimilar joint venture Samsung Bioepis for at least $2.25 billion to partner Samsung Biologics 207940.KS adding to its cash pile after the disappointing launch of its Alzheimer's disease drug Aduhelm. Link
- Mondelez International Inc MDLZ.O said it would likely raise prices further around the world this year, while also negotiating with its suppliers and hedging to reduce costs. Link
- Home Depot Inc HD.N is tapping its operating chief to replace Craig Menear as chief executive, as the home-improvement retailer looks to enter its next phase of growth in the COVID-19 pandemic. Link
- Comcast Corp CMCSA.O said it added fewer broadband customers than in recent quarters, a slowdown that comes after record growth during the height of the coronavirus lockdowns. Link
(Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.