Wall Street Journal - July 7
July 7 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Merck MRK.N is in advanced talks to acquire Seagen Inc SGEN.O and is aiming to agree on a purchase of the cancer biotech in the next few weeks, according to people familiar with the matter, in a deal that could be worth roughly $40 billion or more. Link
- GameStop Corp GME.N declared a 4-for-1 stock split Wednesday, sending shares of the videogame retailer higher in after-hours trading. Link
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it would suspend its ban on Juul Labs Inc's products while the e-cigarette maker appeals the agency's decision. Link
- Blackstone Inc BX.N will invest $400 million in Xpansiv Ltd, a platform that lets investors trade assets tied to the energy transition such as carbon offsets and renewable-energy credits, company officials said. Link
- Amazon.com Inc AMZN.O agreed to add Grubhub to its suite of Prime services in the U.S., in a deal aimed at expanding the food-ordering company's reach by tapping Amazon's membership program. Link
(Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)
Disclaimer: The XM Group entities provide execution-only service and access to our Online Trading Facility, permitting a person to view and/or use the content available on or via the website, is not intended to change or expand on this, nor does it change or expand on this. Such access and use are always subject to: (i) Terms and Conditions; (ii) Risk Warnings; and (iii) Full Disclaimer. Such content is therefore provided as no more than general information. Particularly, please be aware that the contents of our Online Trading Facility are neither a solicitation, nor an offer to enter any transactions on the financial markets. Trading on any financial market involves a significant level of risk to your capital.
All material published on our Online Trading Facility is intended for educational/informational purposes only, and does not contain – nor should it be considered as containing – financial, investment tax or trading advice and recommendations; or a record of our trading prices; or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instruments; or unsolicited financial promotions to you.
Any third-party content, as well as content prepared by XM, such as: opinions, news, research, analyses, prices and other information or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an “as-is” basis, as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. To the extent that any content is construed as investment research, you must note and accept that the content was not intended to and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such, it would be considered as marketing communication under the relevant laws and regulations. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Notification on Non-Independent Investment. Research and Risk Warning concerning the foregoing information, which can be accessed here.