Gold set for fourth weekly rise on bruised U.S. dollar



* U.S. 10-year bond yields hover near three-week peak

* Dollar heads for weekly decline

* Platinum eyes fourth week of gains

By Brijesh Patel

Aug 12 (Reuters) - Gold prices firmed on Friday, heading for their fourth consecutive weekly gain, as broader weakness in the dollar outweighed pressure from higher Treasury yields and prospects of U.S. interest rate hikes.

Spot gold XAU= was up 0.2% at $1,792.29 per ounce, as of 0708 GMT, and has gained nearly 1% so far this week - tracking the longest weekly winning streak in almost a year.

U.S. gold futures GCv1 edged 0.1% higher to $1,808.50.

"Fundamentally gold is facing conflicting factors here. On one hand, we have a weaker U.S. dollar helping, but the other side of the equation is of course the rise in yields," said Ilya Spivak, a currency strategist at DailyFX.

The dollar =USD was set for its third weekly loss in four, making gold less expensive for other currency holders.

Data on Thursday showed U.S. producer prices unexpectedly fell in July. It came a day after news that consumer prices (CPI) were unchanged in July due to a drop in gasoline prices.

"With U.S. inflation data now behind us, it is almost like the calm after the storm and that has led to tight ranges for currencies and commodities after a spell of volatility a couple of days ago," said Matt Simpson, a senior market analyst at City Index.

San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President Mary Daly said that while a half-percentage-point interest rate hike in September "makes sense," she is open to the possibility of a bigger hike to fight too-high inflation.

Fed funds futures traders are now pricing in a 61.5% chance of a 50-basis-point hike in September and a 38.5% chance of a 75-bp increase. FEDWATCH

Gold is highly sensitive to rising U.S. interest rates, as these increase the opportunity cost of holding non-yielding bullion.

Limiting gold's advance, benchmark U.S. 10-year Treasury yields US10YT=RR hovered near a three-week peak.

Spot silver XAG= gained 0.6% to $20.41 per ounce, and palladium XPD= slipped 0.5% to $2,266.50.

Platinum XPT= rose 0.3% to $959.10 per ounce and was on track for fourth week of gains.
Reporting by Brijesh Patel in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips, Subhranshu Sahu and Uttaresh.V

Ansvarsfriskrivning: XM Group-enheter tillhandahåller sin tjänst enbart för exekvering och tillgången till vår onlinehandelsplattform, som innebär att en person kan se och/eller använda tillgängligt innehåll på eller via webbplatsen, påverkar eller utökar inte detta, vilket inte heller varit avsikten. Denna tillgång och användning omfattas alltid av i) villkor, ii) riskvarningar och iii) fullständig ansvarsfriskrivning. Detta innehåll tillhandahålls därför uteslutande som allmän information. Var framför allt medveten om att innehållet på vår onlinehandelsplattform varken utgör en uppmaning eller ett erbjudande om att ingå några transaktioner på de finansiella marknaderna. Handel på alla finansiella marknader involverar en betydande risk för ditt kapital.

Allt material som publiceras på denna sida är enbart avsett för utbildnings- eller informationssyften och innehåller inte – och ska inte heller anses innehålla – rådgivning och rekommendationer om finansiella frågor, investeringsskatt eller handel, dokumentation av våra handelskurser eller ett erbjudande om, eller en uppmaning till, en transaktion i finansiella instrument eller oönskade finansiella erbjudanden som är riktade till dig.

Tredjepartsinnehåll, liksom innehåll framtaget av XM såsom synpunkter, nyheter, forskningsrön, analyser, kurser, andra uppgifter eller länkar till tredjepartssajter som återfinns på denna webbplats, tillhandahålls i befintligt skick, som allmän marknadskommentar, och utgör ingen investeringsrådgivning. I den mån som något innehåll tolkas som investeringsforskning måste det noteras och accepteras att innehållet varken har varit avsett som oberoende investeringsforskning eller har utarbetats i enlighet med de rättsliga kraven för att främja ett sådant syfte, och därför är att betrakta som marknadskommunikation enligt tillämpliga lagar och föreskrifter. Se till så att du har läst och förstått vårt meddelande om icke-oberoende investeringsforskning och riskvarning om ovannämnda information, som finns här.

Vi använder cookies för att ge dig den bästa upplevelsen på vår webbplats. Läs mer eller ändra dina cookie-inställningar.

Riskvarning: Ditt kapital riskeras. Hävstångsprodukter passar kanske inte alla. Se vår riskinformation.