British Business - Sept 27
Sept 27 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Unilever plc ULVR.L is to start the search for a new chief executive officer after Alan Jope said that he intended to retire at the end of next year after five years in charge.
- GSK plc GSK.L has named Julie Brown, chief operating and financial officer at Burberry BRBY.L , as its first female chief financial officer, meaning that the drug group's two most senior executive leaders are women.
- Authorities in Germany are trying to establish what caused a sudden drop in pressure in the defunct Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, with a spokesperson for its operator saying it could have been a leak.
- UK farmers are threatening to quit the National Farmers' Union after its president, Minette Batters, said she supported the UK government's apparent move to scrap post-Brexit nature subsidies.
- One of Liz Truss's first pledges to "red wall" voters has been left in tatters after the owner of Doncaster Sheffield Airport said the business would close down despite promises of a taxpayer bailout.
- Swedish telecoms company Ericsson ERICb.ST is continuing to supply mobile phone equipment to Russia despite pledging to halt operations in the country after Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.
- Alex Gourlay, who stepped down as co-chief operating officer of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc WBA.O earlier this year, is in advanced talks to become a non-executive director of LetterOne.
- Nearly half of all the UK's offshore wind capacity is owned by state-owned or majority state-owned foreign entities, according to analysis by the Common Wealth think tank.
- Around 1,9000 members of Unite at Felixstowe, workers at the UK's largest container port, will stage a fresh strike from Tuesday in a long-running dispute over pay. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。