Factors to watch on Dec 2
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Friday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.1%.
* EASYJET: British airline easyJet EZJ.L is expected to respond to demands for higher pay from French unions by early next week at the latest, a union representative said.
* NATWEST: NatWest NWG.L has offered the bulk of its 41,500 staff in Britain a pay rise and one-off cash sum to help them cope with soaring prices.
* TOTALENERGIES: TotalEnergies TTEF.PA will cut its investment in British North Sea oil and gas projects by a quarter next year after the UK government hiked a windfall tax on the sector.
* OIL: Oil prices inched higher in Asian trade on hopes for further relaxation of COVID-19 curbs in China, which could help demand recover in world's second biggest economy, though a firmer U.S. dollar capped gains.
* GOLD: Gold prices eased ahead of a key U.S. jobs report, but were set for their best week in three as the dollar weakened on prospects of slower U.S. Federal Reserve rate hikes and signs of cooling inflation.
* METALS: Copper retreated after data showed a fall in global industrial output, but the benchmark contract was set for a weekly gain on expectations of slower pace of U.S. interest rate hikes and of strengthening demand prospects in China.
* FTSE: UK's FTSE 100 index slipped on Thursday to snap a two-day rally as energy and financial stocks fell and a stronger pound weighed on the back of a weaker dollar after signs the U.S. Federal Reserve will temper its pace of interest rate hikes.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。