Gold prices inch higher as dollar advance pauses
July 7 (Reuters) - Gold prices edged up on Thursday from nine-month lows touched in the previous session, after the dollar paused its rally, alleviating pressure on greenback-priced bullion.
* Spot gold XAU= firmed 0.2% to $1,741.87 per ounce by 0100 GMT. U.S. gold futures GCv1 rose 0.2% to $1,739.80.
* The dollar was flat near fresh 20-year highs reached on Wednesday, easing some pressure on gold.
* Strength in the dollar dragged gold as much as 1.9% lower in the previous session to its lowest level since Sept. 30 at $1,731.00.
* Wall Street ticked upward while oil continued to slide on Wednesday as investors juggled concerns over inflation versus a recession after Federal Reserve minutes showed officials rallied around a large rate hike at their June meeting.
* A deteriorating inflation situation and concern about lost faith in the Federal Reserve's power to make it better prompted U.S. central bank officials to rally around an outsized interest rate increase and a firm restatement of their intent to get prices under control, minutes of the June 14-15 policy meeting showed.
* The head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Wednesday said the outlook for the global economy had "darkened significantly" since April and she could not rule out a possible global recession next year given the elevated risks.
* Benchmark U.S. 10-year Treasury yields steadied on Thursday after gains in the previous session.
* Higher interest rates and bond yields lift the opportunity cost of holding non-yielding bullion.
* Spot silver XAG= firmed 0.1% to $19.20 per ounce, while platinum XPT= fell 0.3% to $853.25, and palladium XPD= gained 1.3% to $1,929.51.
0130 Australia Trade Balance G&S
Halifax House Prices MM June
Industrial Output MM
Reserve Assets Total
Initial Jobless Clm
Reporting by Bharat Govind Gautam in Bengaluru; Editing by Amy Caren Daniel
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。