UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 29
April 29 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening higher on Friday, with futures FFIc1 up 0.79%.
* GLENCORE: About 24% of investors voted against Glencore's GLEN.L climate progress report at the miner and trader's annual general meeting, after some cited slow progress in scaling back coal production.
* UNILEVER: As a shortage of sunflower oil ripples through the global food industry, Unilever ULVR.L said that it has altered some of its recipes so it can substitute rapeseed oil instead, a move that could help it save money as input costs soar.
* AIB-NATWEST: Ireland's competition regulator on Thursday cleared Allied Irish Banks' (AIB) AIBG.I acquisition of 4.2 billion euros ($4.4 billion) worth of commercial loans from NatWest Group's NWG.L departing Ulster Bank unit.
* INTERROS-TCS HOLDINGS: Russia's Interros Holding, which manages the assets of billionaire Vladimir Potanin, said that it had acquired 35% of shares in TCS Group Holding.
* METALS: London aluminium prices were set for their biggest monthly percentage drop in more than a decade, as COVID-19 lockdowns in China and prospects of aggressive U.S. rate hikes fuelled worries over a global economic slowdown.
* GOLD: Gold rose as worrying U.S. economic data rekindled some interest in the safe-haven metal, but was likely to log its biggest monthly drop since September on bets for aggressive interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve.
* OIL: Oil prices were mixed as China's COVID-19 lockdowns weighed on the outlook for crude demand, although supply disruption fears as Western sanctions curb crude and products exports from Russia underpinned prices.
* FTSE 100: London's FTSE 100 closed higher on Thursday driven by strong earnings updates from companies including Whitbread and Standard Chartered, although Sainsbury hit the bottom of the index after warning of a drop in annual profit due to the cost-of-living crisis.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Trading update AstraZeneca
Q1 results Natwest Group
Q1 results Computacenter
Q1 Trading update Reckitt Benckiser
Q1 Trading statement Travis Perkins
Q1 Trading update Rotork
Q1 Trading update Pearson
Q1 Trading update Smurfit Kappa
Q1 Trading update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Amna Karimi in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。