UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug. 16
Aug 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening lower on Monday, with futures FFIc1 down 0.6%.
* BHP: BHP Group Ltd BHP.AX is in talks to sell its petroleum business to Australia's top independent gas producer Woodside Petroleum Ltd WPL.AX in exchange for shares, the companies confirmed.
* HSBC: HSBC HSBA.L said it had agreed to acquire Axa's AXAF.PA insurance assets in Singapore for $575 million as it scales up its insurance and wealth business.
* JOBS: British employers plan to increase staff numbers by the most in more than eight years over the coming months and few intend to make staff redundant when government furlough support ends next month, a survey showed.
* IAG: British Airways ICAG.L is not currently using Afghanistan's airspace, the airline said on Sunday as Taliban insurgents entered the capital city.
* GOLD: Gold prices held near a one-week high, as a plunge in U.S. consumer sentiment allayed some concerns of an early tapering by the Federal Reserve.
* OIL: Oil prices fell more than 1%, dropping for a third session, as government-imposed restrictions on mobility to counter the spread of the Delta variant raised worries about a recovery in fuel demand.
* London's FTSE 100 recorded its longest weekly winning streak since November on Friday, although investors fret that an overheating economy could lead the central bank to pull back asset purchases earlier than expected.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Reporting by Shanima A in Bengaluru
免責聲明: XM Group提供線上交易平台的登入和執行服務，允許個人查看和/或使用網站所提供的內容，但不進行任何更改或擴展其服務和訪問權限，並受以下條款與條例約束：（i）條款與條例；（ii）風險提示；（iii）完全免責聲明。網站內部所提供的所有資訊，僅限於一般資訊用途。請注意，我們所有的線上交易平台內容並不構成，也不被視為進入金融市場交易的邀約或邀請 。金融市場交易會對您的投資帶來重大風險。